Sunday, November 11, 2012

Rising from the Dead

Hello, World --

You probably thought I'd died.  Nope!  Here I am again, my blog reborn. And I'll begin my new blog life by posting a short series having to do with exciting changes in libraries.

Boring, you say? Not if you're a reader or writer or just a devotee of learning, knowledge, and/or libraries, in general.

First up, I wonder how many of you have ever heard a song from the 40s titled simply "Linda."
"When I go to sleep, I never count sheep, I count all the charms about Linda...."  No?  Well, it doesn't really matter, anyway, because there's a new babe in town whose name is Lynda. To be more specific, it's www.lynda.com.  And I think you'll want to get acquainted with this website, home to a collection of 40,000 video tutorials on fascinating new stuff like iPhones, Social Networking, Video Editing, 3D+ Animation, Photo Management, Databases, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, etc., etc. etc...   In fact, I'm told that lynda.com (available by subscription) has over 3,400 hours of video content, on just about anything you want to learn...or simply need to review.

Sound good?  To learn more, lynda.com offers a free trial. Check it out and let me know what you think.

--Ramona















No comments:

Post a Comment